Ligue 2 has reached the second stage, and I bet in the dispute between Caen and Lorient. Even though at first glance it seems like a balanced game, we found a prognosis that would bring us a nice profit.
He returns after five years in the second step and will definitely attack the promotion. He played well in the first stage and finished evenly with Sochaux (0-0). He dominated the game, but missed some good opportunities.Caen has a new coach this summer, Portuguese Rui Almeida. He has lost good players lately, such as Alexander Dijku, Enzo Crivelli or Fayçal Fajr. Not noticeable through notable acquisitions. Baissama Sankoh is injured and will miss here.
It is listed as the main favorite in Ligue 2, but remains to be seen if the paper calculations will be respected. The start was a good one, with a clear success in front of Paris FC (3-0). The training period was one with modest results.Lorient did not lose basic people in the summer, and as acquisitions are noted Paul Nardi and Umut Bozok. Jonathan Martins Pereira is injured and cannot be used.
1. Direct meetings
Caen has won the previous two straight games, one friendly and the other in Ligue 1. Both played in 2017.
2.What is the form of the teams in the last 5 matches?
- Last result: 0-0 at Sochaux
- Shape: D D D W L
Caen and Lorient meet in the second leg of the second league in France on Stade Michel d ‘Ornano.The hosts are after three consecutive draws, 2-2 with Quevilly Rouen and 0-0 with Le Mans (friendly), plus 0-0 at Sochaux, in the first leg.Previously, the team had beaten in the preparations a victory, 2-0 with Le Havre, a defeat, 1-2 with Wolfsburg, and another draw, 1-1 with Laval.Last season, Caen relegated after five years in Ligue I.
- Last result: 3-0 with Paris FC
- Shape: W W D D W
Lorient had a better start in Ligue 2, a 3-0 victory with Paris FC, goals by Cabot, Saunier and Wissa.Previously, in the friendly, he had won 1-0 with Laval and 2-0 with Concarneau.He lost the tests with Guingamp (1-3) and Brest (1-2).Last season, Lorient lost a little chance to fight in promotion to Ligue I – since 2017 he is in the second division.
3.News, analysis, statistics and progress on the 2 teams.
- The team finished on 19, the first relegation place, at a single point of Dijon from the dam.
- Caen is attacking the promotion with a new coach, the Portuguese Rui Almeida.
- He collected almost ten million euros from Djiku’s transfers to Strasbourg, Crivelli to Bashakehir, Fajr to Getafe and Peeters to Brugge Circle.
- To spend, he did it only for the centennial defender Anthony Weber, brought from Brest for half a million euros. .
- Next time, Caen is traveling to Ajaccio.
- The team finished on 6, the first place under play-off, on equal points with Lens on 5, but weaker goal.
- He lost the last two meetings with Caen, 0-1 in the League Cup 2018 and 1-2 friendly in the summer of 2017.
- The last victory was at home, 1-0 in April 2017, and away 2-1, a year earlier.
- We can say that coach Christophe Pélissier is “new”, although he has reached the end of the season, being installed in May.
- The next stage is still playing Nancy.
Football Prediction of the Day Caen vs Lorient
I have a favorite here and I go in the double chance on the home team. Caen looked good in the first stage, when only the bad luck did not win. He is among the teams fighting for promotion and I do not see him losing at home against a direct rival. Let us not forget that he comes after a few seasons in Ligue 1 and the superior experience can make the difference in his favor.I think at least two successes on the scoreboard, from the second of the best-ranked teams in the championship. I am based on Lorient’s open stamp, a band that scores and receives more and more.
Bet Tips: Caen