The hosts were knocked out of the Champions League Qualifiers after KF Fernokeli staged a comeback in their previous game to win 2-1 with just ten men on the pitch.The home team broke the deadlock seven minutes into the second half but were unable to see the game through with their opponents equalizing five minutes later, and the winning goal coming two minutes before the end of regulation time.Both the sides enjoyed equal time on the ball and accomplished just two shots on target each. The game was quite an aggressive one and produced eleven yellow cards, one of which turned into red.The visitors were in for a shock in their previous game against CFR Cluj which saw the latter firing in three goals of their own to overturn a one-goal deficit from the first leg, to win 3-2 on aggregate.The squad were far from their usual self in that game and took not more than six attempts at goal, out of which only three were on target.The maiden clash between the two teams will certainly be an exciting one with the hosts sizing up against a massive favorites to come out on top.
1.What is the shape of the teams in the last 5 games?
- Santa Coloma
- Last result: 1-2 with Feronikeli
- Form: L W L W L
- The Andorrays of Santa Coloma and the Astana Kazakhs meet in the first leg of the Europa League second round.
- Santa Coloma arrived here from the Champions League preliminary round, a play-off in which a single hand played.
- It was 1-0 at Tre Penne (San Marino) and 1-2 at Feronikeli (Kosovo).
- In summer, the team conquered the sixth title in a row in Andorra and the 13th in history.
- Last season, it did not take too much to the Champions League, one round, 0-2 after Drita in Kosovo.
- Last result: 1-3 at CFR Cluj
- Form: L W W L L
- Astana also played in the Champions League preliminaries, where it was eliminated by CFR Cluj, 1-0 and 1-3.
- The Kazakhs lost the qualification though they opened the score in Gruia and had 2-0 in general.
- The team of Dorin Rotariu won the fifth consecutive title last year.
- In Kazakhstan the championship is in full swing, and Astana is second in 19 matches.
- He deferred, however, the stage between the tour and return with CFR; not now with Santa Coloma – Saturday, Astana has a home game with Taraz.
2.News, analysis, statistics and anachronism about the two teams.
- Lost in the Europa League, Santa Coloma lost immediately, 1-3 in the Valur general with Iceland.
- Out of 35 European matches in the last 18 years, Santa Coloma won only four – lost 27 !!
- However, he won the last European home match, 1-0 with Valur.
- The last three matches in the European Cups on their own were under 2.5 goals. .
- The return with Astana is on Tuesday, July 30th.
- Over the past four years, Astana has always played in groups – in the League in 2015, and then in the Europa League.
- Last season, Astana played eight matches to reach the Europa League!
- The Kazakhs have passed Championship 1 and 2 in the Champions League, they lost in 3, they have reached the Europa League play-off, where they have knocked APOEL into penalty kicks.
- In the group with Dinamo Kiev, Rennes and Jablonec, Astana finished on 3.
- The team feels better at home synthetics – it has not won seven matches in European Cups.
Football Prediction of the Day Santa Coloma vs Astana
Coloma were one of the best sides in their domestic league last season and on home soil, the squad found the back of the net twenty times while conceding not more than eight. Additionally, they failed to pick up a win on just one occasion.The visitors crashed out of the Champions League for putting on a dismal performance in their last trip on the road. The team failed to keep a hold of the ball, created very few goal-scoring opportunities, and were far from clinical in their finishing.However, they are up against a team with pedigree in qualifiers, Astana, who negotiated through multiple rounds to reach the group stage.At the Champions League qualifiers, they got a tricky one against Cluj; but their new opponents Santa Coloma is a team that play their trade in a lowly league.
Bet Tips: Astana -1.5 Asian Handicap
Prediction Today: Over 2.5 goals